Mar 14, 2012
Places to eat in Kansas City: Beer Kitchen
This time, we were visiting a little earlier in the day and looking for brunch.
Both the hubs and I are big fans of a classic Eggs Benedict, so we're always on the search for good ones. We still miss the EB at Reverse Grill and Jack Gage, which are both now closed. :(
But luckily, Beer Kitchen also has a brunch menu on the weekend, so my husband tried it. It comes with a side of "brunch potatoes" - chunky cubes of potatoes, crispy-brown on the exterior. The verdict: good hollandaise, potatoes nicely done, but the poached eggs were a little under done, with the whites being just a tad runny. But he wasn't in a complaining mood, so he didn't send them back.
I ordered a "Turkey Turkey" sandwich: smoked turkey, turkey bacon, avocado, tomato, chipotle cheddar and chipotle aioli on grilled sourdough. Being the spice wimp I am, I was concerned about the chipotle component of this sandwich, but the waitress assured me it wasn't spicy at all, so I ordered it as is. I should know better! It was just a little too spicy for me, but again, not bad enough to not finish.
Other than the spice factor (which wouldn't be an issue for most people), the sandwich was delish. I especially liked the toasted sour dough: it was the absolutely perfect balance of crunchy outside and just-chewy-enough inside. Unfortunately, it didn't photograph well, so no pic.
Even with these two small complaints, I would recommend Beer Kitchen without reservations. This was probably our fourth or fifth visit, and they have been consistently good.
They are open seven days a week: open at 11 am on weekdays and 9 am on the weekends. They close anywhere from midnight to 3 a.m.; check their website for details.
Beer Kitchen website
You might also like:
Places to eat in KC: El Patron
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (5)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (7)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (1)
- December (3)
- October (4)
- September (1)
- August (4)
- July (8)
- June (5)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- No-bake lime cheesecake shooters
- Herb-crusted salmon
- Recipe review: Super-thin pizza crust
- Peanut butter cups - homemade!
- Low carb (or no carb) tacos
- Seven-layer dip as salad
- Places to eat in Wichita: Le Monde
- Chicken club salad with creamy balsamic vinaigrett...
- Ancho-crusted salmon with avocado crema
- Make-ahead Tex-Mex salad
- Places to eat in Kansas City: Beer Kitchen
- Places to eat in Kansas City: El Patron
- Places to eat in Kansas City: Seasons 52 on The Pl...
- Nut tarts, the sequel
- Ginger-peanut dressing
- Crazy Cauliflower: 15 creative things to do with t...
- Restaurant review: Pacific Coast Pizza
- Almond poppyseed shortbread
- Orange-cranberry chicken salad
- February (18)
- January (32)