Seasons 52 is a high-end restaurant chain that just opened a location in Kansas City's Country Club Plaza last year. As the company website says, they feature a "seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list." As our server explained it, the whole menu changes seasonally, then there are a number of features which change week to week.
The decor feels sort of like a nice hotel lobby. Elegant, pleasant, but lacking soul.
Our server was perfect. Friendly and sincere; knowledgeable and helpful without being pushy.
My daughter and I split the Tiger Shrimp Penne Pasta with "market vegetables in a lemon-basil sauce with Parmesan cheese," to quote the menu. The shrimp was nicely done and the vegetables were perfect, but I couldn't taste lemon or basil in the sauce. In a cheaper restaurant, the dish would be perfectly acceptable, but given the location, the ambience and the prices, I expected to be wowed. I wasn't.
My husband ordered the Blackened Fish Tacos. They were beautifully presented, but as you can see, none too generous with the fish. His take on the flavor was similar to mine regarding my pasta.
I always hate to give bad reviews, probably due to that mantra driven into us all in childhood: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything." But unless someone else is picking up the ticket, I won't be back. It's not horrible; really, it's not! It's just not much above good. :(
Seasons 52 website
Hours: Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week
You might also like these places to eat in KC:
Beer Kitchen in Westport
- No-bake lime cheesecake shooters
- Herb-crusted salmon
- Recipe review: Super-thin pizza crust
- Peanut butter cups - homemade!
- Low carb (or no carb) tacos
- Seven-layer dip as salad
- Places to eat in Wichita: Le Monde
- Chicken club salad with creamy balsamic vinaigrett...
- Ancho-crusted salmon with avocado crema
- Make-ahead Tex-Mex salad
- Places to eat in Kansas City: Beer Kitchen
- Places to eat in Kansas City: El Patron
- Places to eat in Kansas City: Seasons 52 on The Pl...
- Nut tarts, the sequel
- Ginger-peanut dressing
- Crazy Cauliflower: 15 creative things to do with t...
- Restaurant review: Pacific Coast Pizza
- Almond poppyseed shortbread
- Orange-cranberry chicken salad
- ▼ March (19)